This submit has been written by me and is sponsored by La Cucina Italiana
Being a restaurant proprietor (and self-proclaimed foodie!) led me so as to add ‘write a cookbook’ to my bucket checklist, and this recipe may simply be one to make the lower. Because the chilly climate hits my Northern California dwelling, I’m all the time on the lookout for hearty consolation meals, particularly if it jogs my memory of my travels to Italy. I may simply spend a complete wet afternoon scrolling via the pages of La Cucina Italiana to get inspiration from their mouth-watering recipes. Then I get into the kitchen to whip up one thing with all of the substances that I’m craving. At this time it’s sausage and eggplant.
One of many final recollections I’ve is of my Italian nonna standing within the kitchen making sausage stuffed pizza dough (and it was scrumptious!), so something with sausage has a particular place in my coronary heart.
I’ve been a lover of eggplant ever since tasting my mothers layered eggplant parmigiana—my mouth waters simply fascinated by it. Since then, I’ll eat it any means I can: fried, stuffed, baked or grilled. However, roasted eggplant is one in all my favourite methods to indulge as a result of it’s straightforward to do at dwelling, and tastes simply as yummy because the others.
Farro is an historic complete grain that’s filled with vitamins. The nuttiness of farro provides a brand new twist to an previous basic and another layer of consolation.
Italian Sausage & Oven Roasted Eggplant Farro Risotto
3 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
1 pound floor Italian sausage
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cups farro
half of cup caramelized pink onions (recipe beneath)
2 cups roasted eggplant—about 1 medium sized, diced (recipe beneath)
1 cup Pinot Grigio
Four cups hen broth
half of cup heavy cream
half of cup grated parmesan, plus extra to garnish
1 tablespoon butter
flat leaf parsley, garnish
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a big saucepan on medium warmth. Crumble sausage into pan. Cook dinner till there isn’t any pink and begins to brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, shallot and garlic to the pan with the sausage. Cook dinner till shallot is translucent and garlic is aromatic, about 5 minutes. Add Farro and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in caramelized onions and eggplant. Add wine and cook dinner till absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add hen broth, carry to a boil then simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring sometimes, till Farro is tender.
- Add cream, parmesan, butter, salt and pepper. Cook dinner for five extra minutes.
- Garnish with Flat leaf Parsley and shaved parmesan to serve.
Additional Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400 levels. Calmly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment. Reduce the eggplant in 1-inch rounds and brush each side generously with oil and sprinkle with salt. Organize on ready pan and roast in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, till brown. Barely cool and lower into 1-inch cubes.
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 pink onions, sliced
1/Four cup balsamic vinegar
1/Four cup honey
Soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. Add onions and cook dinner till translucent, about 5 minutes. Flip warmth to medium-low. Add vinegar and honey. Cook dinner for about 20 minutes, stirring sometimes.